Saturday, July 14, 2007

New Single Speed, Garmin Edge, Motion Based, Spill, Zone




So I found a Single Speed on Craigslist and it is perfect, an ORANGE Ibis, with a 32x18 so I can spin my legs and not hurt my knee. No lockout on the fork but I will live for now, it was $300 and ready to ride so it was a hell of a deal.

I am so out of shape 20+lbs and I can't stay under my AT to save my life, so I have a long way to go. I got a Garmin Edge 305 . This is a great little device, I have been waiting for this since I had a speclized pBrain back in high school. It gathers so much data and you can overlay your route on google maps or earth. Since I am a MAC user I also signed up for motionbased.com which is a web based data service so I can store and analyze all my training data. You can see my ride HERE.




I had a bit of a spill, but it felt good!


The only saving grace to my fitness is, THE ZONE. I started this way to eat, I hate calling it a diet cause its way lifestyle not a temporery way to lose weight. I have lost 20LBS with out exercise and I feel so much better in everyday life.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Carson, I stumbled across your blog from Chase Jarvis' blog. I'm a photographer and singlespeeder as well. You look a little new to blog-esphere, I'm getting my feet wet there too lately. I'd love to put your bike photo on my "Singlespeed Nation" blog. I am working on a catalog of singlespeed photos because I think they are cool and not so bland as bike industry stuff. Check out: http://adamleahyphotography.com/BikeMain/SSNblog/
It's a work in progress, when I'm not taking pictures and drawing stuff. Nice SS though, I think it needs disc brakes!